New SPECTATOR ALLOWANCES
for Game Day
commencing for FRIDAY games
17th JuIy 2020…
NO CHILDREN (SIBLINGS) ARE ABLE TO BE PRESENT AT GAMES (UNLESS THEY ARE IN A PRAM).
We can increase the number of people on the sidelines to 10 persons including COACH, ASSISTANT COACH, MANAGER, SCORER / SCORE CHECKER.
MANAGERS will advise which parents are rostered to attend each game.
Everyone will get a chance to attend. Please also DO NOT contact WDNA with any questions regarding this – contact [email protected].
This is great news but we must remain within the rules, adhere to social distancing at all times. We do not want to be the first sport or association to record a community transmission of COVID-19!!
To summarise the changes that will be in place from Friday 17th July:
- No change to separate entry/exit gates. Entry gates will be locked 10 minutes after the game start time. Volunteers will man exit gates to ensure no one enters through these
- Any members waiting outside may not enter to use the WDNA toilets. They must go to the public toilets at the Dinosaur Park.
- Teams and spectators must set up on opposite sides of the court. There will be issues with the sun at different times of the day but there is nothing that can be done about this.
AMENDED: Scoring Team are to have the EASTERN SIDE (alongside the S-T box) and non scoring team are to have the WESTERN SIDE
- The scorer and score checker may sit or stand just outside the designated score box to maintain correct physical distancing. They cannot stand or sit together
- All spectators must be 1.5m apart (unless they are family members) on the sidelines
- Bench players must also be 1.5m apart on the team bench. Bench players may not be wandering around the courts unless they are warming up
- Chairs are permitted provided they are placed 1.5m apart
- No one is permitted to sit / stand on the goal lines
- Central timing will continue until the end of Round 1 (Game 5)
- Managers – please ensure you are sanitising the goal post pads before each game, provide all players with hand sanitiser before they take the court, and the end of the game and sanitise the ball at the end of each quarter.
- No canteen will be available
- Players to have their own water bottle – Managers do not use the drink carriers
- No sharing of food – no lollies or oranges permitted
- No handshakes, hi – fives or huddles permitted
- Teams are to stand in a goal third during breaks
- ANY ABUSE DIRECTED AT VOLUNTEERS / STAFF / BOARD MEMBERS WILL RESULT IN A SEASON BAN FOR THE ABUSER
- TEAMS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THESE REQUIREMENTS WILL REVERT TO A NO SPECTATOR POLICY – ONLY THE COACH, ASSISTANT COACH, MANAGER, SCORER WILL BE PERMITTED FOR THE DURATION OF THE SEASON.
We are all doing amazing in WA so let’s keep it that way.
We do not want to be the club that has banned spectators, or teams with no spectator policy.
So can everyone please do the right thing, be patient and kind in your dealings with each other and WDNA.
If you have any questions please let me know.